Wyoming State Marriage Law & Information
Wyoming Marriage Law
20-1-106. Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony.
- Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.
- In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.
20-1-109. When marriage solemnized by unauthorized person valid.
No marriage solemnized in any manner authorized by W.S. 20-1-106, shall be deemed or adjudged to be void, nor is the validity of the marriage in any way affected because of a lack of jurisdiction or authority of the person performing the ceremony of marriage if the marriage is consummated with a full belief on the part of the persons so married, or either of them, that the person performing the ceremony was lawfully authorized to do so.
20-1-110. Marriage ceremony according to rites and customs of religious societies or assemblies.
Any religious society or religious assembly may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state according to the rites and customs of the society or assembly. The clerk or keeper of the minutes, proceedings or other book of the society or assembly wherein the marriage occurs, or if none then the moderator or person presiding in the society or assembly, shall make out and transmit to the county clerk of the county a certificate of the marriage.
Marriage License Agency: County Clerk
Common Law: No
Civil Union: No
Duration of Marriage Licence: No Expiration
- Wyoming State Legistature
- Wyoming State Attorney General
- Wyoming State Governor's Office
- Wyoming State Supreme Court
- Wyoming State Department of Health