South Carolina State Marriage Law & Information
South Carolina Marriage Law
SECTION 20-1-20. Persons who may perform marriage ceremony.
Only ministers of the Gospel, Jewish rabbis, officers authorized to administer oaths in this State, and the chief or spiritual leader of a Native American Indian entity recognized by the South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs pursuant to Section 1-31-40 are authorized to administer a marriage ceremony in this State.
Marriage License Agency: County Clerk
Common Law: Yes
Civil Union: No
Duration of Marriage Licence: No Expiration
- South Carolina State Legistature
- South Carolina State Attorney General
- South Carolina State Governor's Office
- South Carolina State Supreme Court
- South Carolina State Department of Health